home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » How To Ultra » New here, hello! Want to do ultra's not sure where to start.

New here, hello! Want to do ultra's not sure where to start.

mattide1114
Michigan, United States
Posted: Thu 12 May 2016 06:08 pm GMT   topTop
Hi everyone! I just signed up here. I am excited to start trail running and I would like to do ultra runs at some point. The endurance of it is just compelling to me! I currently run 5k about six days a week. I live in Michigan so it's just now the point where I can hit the trails, but I'm not sure how to get the mileage up to the point of running an ultra. I'm not sure it's even possible to do this year. Any thoughts?
I plan on upping the mileage and doing some 10k's and half marathons, but the trail is where I really want to be and think that I am more inclined to just put time in on the trail: meaning that I'm not looking to get a good pace, just lots of miles with walking in when I have to. Does this sound like a good plan to get base miles in?
Also, I have a possible 40 mile race in September that I would love to do, but not sure if it's even possible to be ready for something like that when I am currently at a 5k top.
Thanks for any help, and I am excited to be here in this community!!!