home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » General Discussion » Looking for Someone to Run with on the Appalachian Trail and/or in the Daniel Boone National Forest (weekends)

Looking for Someone to Run with on the Appalachian Trail and/or in the Daniel Boone National Forest (weekends)

cdracer
cdracer
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Wed 02 Mar 2011 09:28 pm GMT   topTop
This July I will be running in the Canadian Death Race, a race for which I will need to train on trails and at a high elevation. Beginning sometime in June (maybe late May), I will be doing my long runs on Fri and Sat (or possibly Sat and Sun)--b/w 15-30 miles--on the Appalachian Trail--down and backs beginning at Clingman's Dome (6643' above sea level) on the TN/NC border in the Smoky Mountains. This is the closest simulation I can get to the elevation/trail of the CDR (highest point 6986'), but I don't have a training partner and I would rather not do these runs alone, simply for safety reasons.

I will be driving from Lexington, KY (about 4.5 hours away). I'll probably either be sleeping in my car or at one of the shelters on the AT. If you are interested, let me know! (FYI--I'm not going for speed, just completing the distances.)

P.S. I'll also be doing some trail runs in the Daniel Boone National Forest starting in a couple weeks. I'd be happy to have some company during these runs, as well!