home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » General Discussion » My introduction to the forum...

My introduction to the forum...

jimsty
jimsty
Christchurch, New Zealand
Posted: Sun 19 Jul 2009 12:55 am GMT   topTop
Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum, love running and everything that goes with it. I started when I was 18 and I am now 32, I tell myself it's a healthy addiction right ?! Please feel to check out www.stylerhealth.com for all the info (lots of pics, race results etc), but really looking forward to getting to know some more ultrarunners and expanding my knowledge.

Some of my races have included the St James 69km Ultramarathon finisher (15th in Open Men), 3 marathons and 30+ half marathons.

I look forward to becoming a regular on the forum, thanks in advance J.
backcountryrunner
Utah, United States
Posted: Tue 21 Jul 2009 07:54 am GMT   topTop
Welcome - I mentioned this in another thread but we look forward to hearing from you on the forum :-)
jimsty
jimsty
Posted: Sat 25 Jul 2009 11:54 pm GMT   topTop
Thanks, look forward to being able to contribute and help out.
Yesterday I found out I have have been accepted into the Molesworth ultra on November 21st, one of NZ's most unique running events. It is an 84.7km run starting at 1,145m altitude, with the field being limited to only 20 entrants and with a 10 hour cutoff time for finishing. So it will be tough!

http://www.harriers.net.nz/molesworth_run.htm

Will post up another thread on training ideas for it I think J.

[edited: Sat 25 Jul 2009 11:56 pm]
clydesdalerunner
clydesdalerunner
California, United States
Posted: Mon 27 Jul 2009 03:40 am GMT   topTop
Aloha from Hawai'i- I'm new to Ultra marathons and trail running myself. I am registering for my first Ultra Aug. 1. So, I really hope I get it. It's the H.U.R.T 100 on Ohau, HI. I have not done anything past 26.2 so we shall see how it goes if I get accepted. Good luck with your up coming race.

RG
jimsty
jimsty
Posted: Thu 13 Aug 2009 10:47 am GMT   topTop
Good luck with your race as well, you will be fine! Just relax, enjoy and as long as you've done your training (and some homework) you'll be in the elite ultrarunning club before you know it haha ;-)
angusquinton
SHEFFIELD, United Kingdom
Posted: Mon 31 Mar 2014 09:55 am GMT   topTop
Do you run long distance ultras? or anything more than the regular marathon? Is endurance running a key aspect of your life? or is it a hobby?

Please could you fill in a quick 2 minute questionnaire on the motivations for participation in long distance running.

The survey is looking for long distance runners. The current literature linked with participation and the motivations provide analytical views and studies on the concept of class/cultural/social and economic aspects related to running.

Confidentiality is assured. Thank you in advance!

http://kwiksurveys.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=ryy0vpj2jkr65yz326463&refer=