home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » General Discussion » Public Awareness of the risks of Marathon Running Research Study

Public Awareness of the risks of Marathon Running Research Study

ionexus
California, United States
Posted: Tue 24 May 2011 12:52 am GMT   topTop
I am running a study on public awareness of the risks of marathon running, and the public's willingness to take precautions against these risks.

This Google survey is only 10 Yes/No questions and will take less than a minute. This study will be submitted to the American Heart Association if we can get over 1000 responses. Thanks  for your  help.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&pli=1&formkey=dGJLMFpzdlhHUzdfWFBvc1N2dTZUMlE6MA#gid=0
jimsty
jimsty
Christchurch, New Zealand
Posted: Wed 27 Mar 2013 09:58 am GMT   topTop
Can I ask what the overall intention is from the outcome of this survey? I'm on my phone at the moment but will take a look at it tomorrow when I'm back on a computer. Thanks and regards
Kate
Kate
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Wed 12 Nov 2014 04:54 am GMT   topTop
I am running a study on public awareness of the risks of sitting on your couch for hours ad infinitum while consuming a steady diet of high fat, high sodium, highly processed fast foods, and the public's willingness to take precautions against these risks.

Snarky, I know, but really? We've all read about the runner who drops dead at 40 with a heart attack as well as the nonagenarian who's chain smoked and drank whiskey every day since turning 15.

Whatever tradeoff exists between modest versus high mileage training with regard to personal health is one that I am willing to accept without reservation at this point in my life. I suspect that I'm in good company here! :)) /K

[edited: Wed 12 Nov 2014 04:54 am]