home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » General Discussion » Running with Blisters

Running with Blisters

emater
Texas, United States
Posted: Sun 02 Aug 2015 12:35 pm GMT   topTop
I'm sure this is somewhere on here already discussed, but I was not able to find it quickly.

I am new to trail running and longer distances. I have now entered the world of blisters. I recently had one that was quite intrusive. My question is how to I keep running with the blisters? I have had to take several days off now with this blister, but I know that as my first half marathon trail race gets closer, I will not be able to afford to take that many days off.

Any tips on how to run with blisters would be helpful. I already have properly fitted shoes and moisture wicking socks.

Thank you.
backcountryrunner
Utah, United States
Posted: Fri 07 Aug 2015 03:24 am GMT   topTop
It's a process of trial and error to get the right shoe/sock combo. It's not just proper fit and moisture wicking. I got blisters occasionally until I started wearing Hokas. Other people get blisters with Hokas. A running buddy solved blisters after wearing Altras. Some have found success with Injinji socks. Others lube the feet with BodyGlide or similar. Also may depend on where you are getting the blisters.
poisonous_nut
Ohio, United States
Posted: Sun 27 Sep 2015 03:42 pm GMT   topTop
pop that sucker and tape it up
second the use of glide or moleskin for prevention
Listen to your feet, if you start to feel hot spots blisters will be coming unless you remedy in some way.