home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » General Discussion » Tips to protecting your shoes

Tips to protecting your shoes

daniel19056
Iowa, Bangladesh
Posted: Mon 16 Jun 2014 08:54 am GMT   topTop
Last week, I see a article in a website blog about protecting shoes. I think that it is really great. So I copy the article to here. The original post is from 90shoes.com. If you are interested in this, pls see the below:

(1) Buy suitable shoes, otherwise the shoes easy to deform and feet hurt.
(2) Regular cleaning shoes. Gently wipe with a damp cloth; do not brush fierce brush.
(3) If the shoes get wet, the fortress of the newspaper in order to maintain the appearance of the shoes, let the shoes dry naturally, avoiding direct sunlight or high temperature baking.
(4) Avoid solvents, acids, alkalis, oil and corrosive materials.
(5) At least having more than two pairs of shoes so that shoes turns off.
(6) Casual shoes are not suitable for strenuous exercise.
(7) Excessive direct sunlight, hair dryer heat and improper methods of care will reduce the life of the shoes.
(8) In order to extend the life of sports shoes, you don't need to wash them usually
(9) When the shoes dry in the air, the newspaper stuffed in your shoes. Newspaper has the double benefit effect, not only to help restore the prototype shoes, but shoes can rapidly absorb moisture
(10) Never use open flame heating or drying, easy to shoes aging, fading and distortion.
(11) As a long time do not wear, you should clean shoe with brush at first, and store in a cool place, to avoid release mildew.
(12) When brushing is not a long soak, soak time shall not exceed 2 hours.
Kate
Kate
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Sat 01 Nov 2014 02:27 am GMT   topTop
LOL...really? Let's see, I run; get wet; often leave shoes in the car when soaked (and the next morning - Phew!); try and remember to drop 'em in front of the dehumidifier for drying overnight; occasionally toss them in the wash; and generally take pride in their hard-earned shabby appearance! :))

I love some of those, especially, "excessive direct sunlight"! What about those 20+ mile weekly long runs during the summer? My motto is: Beat the heck outta them and your shoes will love you for it!/kate