home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » General Discussion » Training for first 50 K

Training for first 50 K

gavidog
gavidog
Alabama, United States
Posted: Wed 17 Dec 2008 04:39 am GMT   topTop
I know this has been ask more than once, but I could not find out how to search old post. I just finshed the White rock 26.2 in 4 hours And I want to do the Cheaha 50 k race 2/28, any training advice please . I follow the 4 months to a 4 hour book to the T and it did work, of course the Cheaha is up, not flat. Also, what do you guys do on the creek crossings, do you just run with wet shoes and socks or what, any good books or blogs on these kind of things will be a greaat help thanks
criosrun
California, United States
Posted: Wed 17 Dec 2008 02:35 pm GMT   topTop
here's a good start: http://www.ultrunr.com/
gavidog
gavidog
Alabama, United States
Posted: Thu 18 Dec 2008 02:14 am GMT   topTop
Thanks there is alot of INFO there, but what about the water crossings, do you take the shoes off or run with wet feet
criosrun
California, United States
Posted: Thu 18 Dec 2008 02:43 pm GMT   topTop
i did not answer as it's a no brainer. just ran thru the water crossings. you will that some runners try their best to not get wet. if there's rocks, logs, etc. folks will try using them to get across. most just run thru. your feet/shoes will try enough to just keep running. one thing to keep in mind, is making sure to lube your feet before the start. for sure if you know there will water crossings in the race your running.
chris
gavidog
gavidog
Alabama, United States
Posted: Tue 23 Dec 2008 12:17 am GMT   topTop
Thanks Chris, for the info , two more newib ? What do you lube your feet with? I come from the Army school of thought always stay Dry