home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » General Discussion » Where to trail run in So Cal?

Where to trail run in So Cal?

blegare
California, United States
Posted: Sun 09 Dec 2012 01:56 am GMT   topTop
I just finished up college and Im about to move to LA this spring from SC for an internship. I absolutely love and need some trails. I was hoping to get some suggestions of good places to experience some awesome trails. I have no problem traveling a couple hours to place for weekend trips so I'm open to all suggestions. also if anyone is interested in a running partner let me
runboy
Oregon, United States
Posted: Wed 27 Feb 2013 09:32 pm GMT   topTop
Okay, sorry for the very late reply but I just joined. I grew up in SoCal and spent a ton of time running trails from the Mexican border to the northern aspect of the Sierra Nevada. From the LA area I would recommend the Angeles National Forest. The Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) follows the crest of the mountains from Big Bear to Aqua Dulce. You can find the PCT and other great trails off of the Angeles Crest Hwy (State Hwy 2) wich starts in Santa Monica and takes you through the LA basin and over the mountains to the Mojave. Plenty of nice peaks (Mt. Baden Powell) if you are into that sort of thing. Have fun.