home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » Gear and Products » Garmin 405

Garmin 405

ericc
Maryland, United States
Posted: Sat 20 Jun 2009 07:24 pm GMT   topTop
Okay, I am technicaly deficient and for the life of me I cannot find any information on setting my brand new Forerunner 405 on a simple time and distance program. Basicaly I just want a high tech pedometer! Does anyone know how to program it for this function?
Thanks for any help!

Eric
joecain
Colorado, United States
Posted: Mon 22 Jun 2009 04:33 am GMT   topTop
Are you trying to just have it measure what you've done? Or are you looking to have it tell you when to turn around?

If the former: from the main time screen, press the top button once so that it gives you the date, then hold your finger on the "Training" part of the bezel (right side) to get it to the stopwatch/ distance function. then press the top button again to get it to start/stop

The latter is a lot more complex: you have to create a workout in the Training Center program, then upload that to the unit. Then you have to find the 'Advanced Workouts' menu and select the program you want. I do this a bunch to make interval and tempo workouts where i can set the speed/HR and distance/time.

Also make sure the GPS is enabled on the unit. from the main time screen, press the top button to activate the unit, then hold down the "GPS" side of the bevel until that menu appears. scroll to where it says GPS and you'll see underneath that it says "on" or "off". lightly tap the right side of the bevel to switch between the two.

I like the unit pretty well, but they really do need a DVD that shows you how to use all the functions!