home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » Gear and Products » Should I keep these: Salomon Fast Wing Hoodie Spectrum Blue, Salomon S-Lab Advanced Skin 5 Set Pack

Should I keep these: Salomon Fast Wing Hoodie Spectrum Blue, Salomon S-Lab Advanced Skin 5 Set Pack

cadence88
New York, United States
Posted: Fri 08 May 2015 03:07 pm GMT   topTop
Hi all:

Should I keep these two items?

Salomon Fast Wing Hoodie (latest version) in Spectrum Blue for $50
Salomon S-Lab Advanced Skin 5 Set Pack (1st gen pack) for $85

I haven't used either yet for training or racing but I already know that neither item is "perfect" (the color is not my favorite for the hoodie and I can't reach all the pockets while still wearing the pack like in Salomon's later versions).

I'm wondering if I should just accept the short comings of each item or if I should return them and invest the refund in more expensive options that may satisfy all the features I was looking for.

Keep in mind that I don't NEED either item. I already have a light weight wind jacket (patagonia houdini) and I have a hydration pack system that I'm comfortable with (I was just looking for something smaller with more pockets). I bought these specific items mainly because the prices seemed too good to pass up.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks,
Phil