home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » General Discussion » Ultra and pizza

Ultra and pizza

ultraandpizza
Sweden
Posted: Wed 29 Jul 2020 11:58 am GMT   topTop
Hi!

I hope this is okey, I love ultra running and pizza making so I wanted to combine them in some way. I wanted people to share their life of ultra and pizza making, you don’t have to do both, either one of them is perfectly fine. I want bakers and ultras to meet and share their thoughts and stories, so that’s why I created a section called “People & Stories”.

The site is still in beta stages, and I don’t want to go in with my own money if people doesn’t find it interesting. But I hope you do.

Www.ultraandpizza.wordpress.com

Have a great day!
DGrav
Kansas, United States
Posted: Tue 29 Dec 2020 10:58 am GMT   topTop
Hello. I really like it, I like pizza and running. Who said that pizza is always a bad decision? It would be interesting to see the entire menu and compositions, so you know what to order right away. Good luck with your project!
slimshadow
South Carolina, United States
Posted: Fri 23 Jul 2021 08:07 pm GMT   topTop
Jim Walmsley is a big veggie pizza eater and he finished Moab 240 in 1st place two or 3 times.

Go Pizza !
TDFbound
Nebraska, United States
Posted: Mon 09 Aug 2021 04:28 am GMT   topTop
I just thought of what I imagine to be a fun event. An orienteering style adventure race where each checkpoint represents a pizza ingredient or topping. When you finish the race, you get to head to the pizza bar, with wood fired pizza oven hot and ready, and trade in your completed race for a fresh pizza made just for you! There could be different race categories for fastest time to complete a certain pizza recipe, same with shortest/longest distance per recipe, an overall category for highest score, and maybe a judged contest for most unique pizza created. There would have to be a lot of checkpoints so people could have a lot of choices for routes and pizza sauces and toppings. I see this being great for a small to mid-sized crowd of 50-100 people, though it could be scaled down or up without too much difficulty. Part of registration could ask runners what their preferred pizza is, to help with planning the purchase of ingredients. A local brewery could supply some tasty brews. I see this being one helluva end of Summer event.
slimshadow
South Carolina, United States
Posted: Mon 09 Aug 2021 06:33 am GMT   topTop
Cool
healthcare8055
thane , India
Posted: Sat 26 Mar 2022 01:53 pm GMT   topTop
what should we eat before running in the morning or run on an empty stomach
brushscrubber
Pennsylvania, United States
Posted: Fri 28 Oct 2022 11:33 pm GMT   topTop
I mean you need a ton of calories to run ultras so why not pizza haha! I guess it all burns off. I would be concerned about 1) getting more protein than pizza has to repair the muscle damage, (maybe have a protein shake in addition? I know of some good ones: https://proteinmind.com/protein-powder-without-glyphosate-or-any-other-pesticides/ And 2) avoiding the vegetable oil (bad for you) and weird additives that junk food usually has in it.

Edit: spelling

[edited: Tue 08 Nov 2022 03:34 pm]