home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » General Discussion » Barefoot running/Vibrams

Barefoot running/Vibrams

JoJo
JoJo
United Kingdom
Posted: Sun 10 May 2009 11:58 am GMT   topTop
Has anyone had any experience with barefoot running or running with Vibrams? I'm thinking of buying some Vibrams because I like the idea of no shoes and relying on only your feet. I read that some of the best runners train with nothing but some rubber wrapped around their feet?!
cmhanson
California, United States
Posted: Mon 11 May 2009 02:09 am GMT   topTop
I just bought some vibrams a few weeks ago and have been slowly working into them by doing short runs and just walking around in them. I read the same you did information plus like you, I really like the idea of being able to run without the assistance of any type of gear. So far they're great. They definitely train you to minimize heal impact because you can feel it immensely without any support. I haven't been wearing them long enough to make any solid conclusion but so far, if nothing else, they're fun to walk around in, hill-climbs are awesome in them, and they're a great conversation starter.
JoJo
JoJo
United Kingdom
Posted: Mon 11 May 2009 03:31 am GMT   topTop
They sound great! I'm also wondering whether I can cut down on the amount of sports drinks, power bars etc I consume and try to go back to basics... We shall see how that goes as the weather is really hottening up now!!
JoJo
JoJo
United Kingdom
Posted: Tue 12 May 2009 08:00 am GMT   topTop
How do your feet feel temperature-wise cmhanson? Do you think they would get too hot in summer/too cold in winter?