home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » General Discussion » Foot Pruning/Blisters

Foot Pruning/Blisters

ldm627
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Tue 07 May 2013 06:37 pm GMT   topTop
I am struggling with pruning feet. I have tried everything. Glide, powder. Changing my socks often. The pruning causes a deep painful crack on the bottom my both feet, especially after 5-6 hours of training. My last Ultra I ended up having all the skin that pruned peel off. which is something I would prefer not to suffer through again.

Has anyone else battled with pruning feet? any suggestions are tricks that I should try? I have 15 weeks to my biggest race of the season and I want to figure out this annoyance.

thank you!
just1gear
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Mon 20 May 2013 08:49 pm GMT   topTop
I personally haven't encountered this issue but I've known people who have coated their feet with such things as Vasoline or similar salves to help avoid cracking, blisters, friction issues, etc. Of course I can't say if this will help in your case or not but I thought I'd just throw it out there since nobody has suggested anything else.

Also, I read somewhere that your skin pruning like that is actually from skin dehydration, so it's possible keeping it moisturized could help, but I haven't tried that so....??