home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » General Discussion » new one

new one

benky
benky
koprivnica, Croatia
Posted: Fri 11 Jul 2014 11:56 am GMT   topTop
Hy! My name is Benyamin, 29 years old. Born in Swiss and moved to Croatia. I started to run in 2011, I attended my first race, didn't do any training for that and finished on 16th place. That was my first experience with trail and running more than 3km I run just trekking and trail races, no road race at all. I hope that in future I will run races all over the world. Usually I run races to 30 km,and there are few of them when I stretch to 65 km per year. I started to achieve very good results on races (top 5). Currently unemployed, finishing my collage and hoping to start working soon so I can finance races outside Croatia and to move outside country. I study IT and that is my second priority in life after my family, and yes I have beautiful little daughter. Hope to switch next year to ultra races.
Kate
Kate
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Sat 01 Nov 2014 02:20 am GMT   topTop
Awesome, B! I was wondering how you're progressing with mileage build-up? We'd love an update/Kate
benky
benky
koprivnica, Croatia
Posted: Sat 01 Nov 2014 08:55 am GMT   topTop
...slowly but nice, in October I did 230km, usually I do about 150km per month. I have two races left in my league, first is next Saturday and the second at the end of the month. I ensured first place in my category on the last race. Recently (last month) I was on one race 73km and didn't finish it. I had problems with cramps, they started on 40km and I was struggling with them till 58km than I quited, this was first race I quit. So I now waiting
February and a new season.
Kate
Kate
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Sat 01 Nov 2014 08:49 pm GMT   topTop
Fascinating, I'm trying to understand what you mean by "league"? Does this comprise a series of races for which you're rated based on points related to finishing position? 73K (45mi) is a neat distance...one of my favorites is an annual 38 miler - I wish there were more variations between the conventional distances of 50K/50M/100K/100M.

That's a real bump in monthly mileage (143); congrats! It snowed for the first time here in the southern Appalachians today - I went out for a 10 miler with the pup and the deep woods were dead silent as the year's first snow fell...just awesome. Thanks for answering back so quicky!/K

[edited: Sat 01 Nov 2014 08:50 pm]
benky
benky
koprivnica, Croatia
Posted: Tue 02 Dec 2014 12:27 am GMT   topTop
...Yes, that is correct. A series of races. Season is finished and currently in a process of choosing next year races. There is one in April, three races 65, 110 and 173km and I'll take some time to choose on which of them I'll go. Here is a link: http://istria100.com/en/