home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » General Discussion » PRP treatment

PRP treatment

smasse
Virginia, United States
Posted: Sat 23 Jan 2016 09:44 pm GMT   topTop
I have been dealing with a high hamstring injury for over a year now. I've been to numerous doctors and physical therapist. My most recent visit to an orthopedic surgeon believes that I may have torn it originally so I'm not sure how they missed it all the other times but anyway I have another mri coming up and the doctor recommended PRP treatment. Has anyone had this and did it work?
MamaB
Colorado, United States
Posted: Mon 27 Jun 2016 05:39 am GMT   topTop
Hi! I have been dealing with the same thing for many years and now it is so painful I can't sit and can barely run. It is very hard to get a diagnosis. Also had an MRI and found a 20% tear the sit bone attachment. But I think it's worse since then. I have tried dry needling, massage, TENS machine and I am at my Wit's End. I am terrified to not be able to run. Any help or suggestions would be heaven sent.
Sheral
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Tue 17 Apr 2018 12:48 am GMT   topTop
Wow, not too sure how many people have actually had success from PRP. Not saying people haven’t but it was a lot more promising initially than what I am hearing now. Lots of factors at play, like age, injury type, etc. Hammy injuries can be troublesome but not that tough to get rid of. If you are willing to put the time in you can beat it. My experience suggests that these injuries are often due to ham / quad imbalances. So once you get the ham to calm down, make sure your training includes exercises / drills to try and get your hams and quads strength balanced.

Tough to stop running, but treat your rehab as your training / running regime. Put the same amount of time / dedication / research into your rehab and you will recover and be better for it. Good luck. Fwiw, I am a huge fan of ART, flossing bands and pressure point rolling.