home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » General Discussion » Knee Injury

Knee Injury

RunnerNo16
RunnerNo16
Mumbai, India
Posted: Mon 08 Apr 2024 05:34 am GMT   topTop
I recently had a small injury in my left knee, which reduced my time for a hilly half marathon to 2.45 hours from 1.45 hours.
I have stopped running since then. But I miss running a lot. The doctor says I will need injections in the knee. I don't believe him for such a minor injury.
If I start running, will the injury increase and stay that way, or will I recover? I am actually hell-bent on starting my running again.
backcountryrunner
Utah, United States
Posted: Wed 10 Apr 2024 05:09 pm GMT   topTop
I would get a second or third opinion, for sure. Some doctors know more than others. I would also go to a sports medicine doctor rather than a regular doctor, as they are more likely to understand your situation and the need to run :)

Injuries can be weird though. I've heard of some injuries lingering with rest, but going away after increasing miles rather than resting more; in other words if you've rested for quite some time, you may consider starting back up again to see how it feels with increased mileage. May or may not work but something to consider. But again, go to a sports medicine doctor first and get some additional opinions.
RunnerNo16
RunnerNo16
Mumbai, India
Posted: Sun 14 Apr 2024 06:46 am GMT   topTop
Thanks, bro. Only runners can understand runners' feelings. I should start running, I think. Yes, I will look for a sports doctor, too. He might at least suggest whatever, according to my point of view.