home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » General Discussion » new member :)

new member :)

everyday
Arizona, United States
Posted: Mon 12 Sep 2011 01:37 pm GMT   topTop
Hello! Im Torrey, i live in Az at the Grand Canyon, originally from so-cal though...anyways, ive always been pretty outdoorsy, but started hiking everyday when i lost my job, started with 1-2 miles in the local mtns (sanJacinto and santa rosas) then eventually got up to 10-15-22...etc, THEN got bored with walking so I started to run, and now i trailrun 6-8 miles a day, 3 or 4 days a week, and once or twice every month I run down to the river and back up the Grand Canyon trails...usually Kaibab, sometimes bright angel. Usually in about 4 hrs -sometimes 5 if I goof off-look @ the view or take pix, whatever.
Anyways, I dont race,i dont have the $$$, I just like running alone and feeling like I win when I get good PR's or just have a really good/fun run. I do get lonely sometimes, so If anyone is heading out to the south rim, lemme know n i'll go run with ya if you want company :)
ajj
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Mon 12 Sep 2011 02:53 pm GMT   topTop
Welcome.

Google ultra running calendars and you'll find low key races with little or no entry fees. The latter are called "Fat Ass" races. "No fee, no aid, no shirt, no whiners." You might enjoy those events.