home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » General Discussion » New ultra calendar site I'm working on

New ultra calendar site I'm working on

Last_Place_Jason
Michigan, United States
Posted: Wed 24 Dec 2008 06:41 pm GMT   topTop
I started an ultra calendar project a few months ago, and it is finally taking shape. I think I have a vast majority of the races in North America, all categorized by date, location, and distance. I also have some training links and other ultra links. Some of the races have been linked to an ultra wiki I've been working on, too. I could still use some feedback- any advice on how I could make it better. I'm also looking for anyone who would like to contribute to the wiki (adding info to races, adding new races, etc.). Finally, I'm looking for more ultra links to add. Specifically, if any of you have ultra-related blogs or websites, I'd love to add them!

Here's the link:

I can be contacted at

-Jason

[edited: Mon 10 Nov 2014 06:42 pm]
Gawdless_and_Squadless
Gawdless_and_Squadless
Tokyo, Japan
Posted: Thu 25 Dec 2008 12:02 am GMT   topTop
Just want to say: Superbly done! I checked a race I thought was sort of obscure, and you definitely had it covered.
skinut
Utah, United States
Posted: Wed 31 Dec 2008 02:36 am GMT   topTop
cool site- you probably know this- but you can get a pretty comprehensive list from the trail runner magazine website in excel format. There were over 1000 different races on it with all the contact info, dates, and distances. odds are you already knew this. GOOD WORK!
Last_Place_Jason
Michigan, United States
Posted: Wed 31 Dec 2008 05:04 pm GMT   topTop
cool site- you probably know this- but you can get a pretty comprehensive list from the trail runner magazine website in excel format. There were over 1000 different races on it with all the contact info, dates, and distances. odds are you already knew this. GOOD WORK!
Trail Runner's list is very good. Between that list and Stan Jensen's run100s.com schedule, the vast majority of ultras are listed. However, each one only seems to be about 60-80% complete based on my best estimates right now. As it turns out, there are FAR more ultras than I expected when I began the project. As of right now, I have about 530 races listed with about 40 ultras and 40 adventure races that still have to be added. There will always be some I miss, especially fat asses. My ultimate goal is to list them all, then keep the dates updated.

Trail Runner's calendar is great because it also lists trail races equal to or less than marathon distance, which I ignored. It would be sweet to have one giant list of ALL races of all distances, but I don't have that much free time. :-)
MDultrarunner
MDultrarunner
Maryland, United States
Posted: Wed 31 Dec 2008 08:10 pm GMT   topTop
You've done a great job in putting this website together, and I'm sure it'll be a great resource for finding more obscure ultras outside of our immediate geographic locations. For a list of some of the less well-known ultras on the East Coast, specifically the Mid-Atlantic, check out the Virginia Happy Trails Running Club website, www.vhtrc.com. There you'll also find a lot of fat asses listed. I find that local running club websites are some of the best resources to find races you might not have heard of.
Last_Place_Jason
Michigan, United States
Posted: Sun 04 Jan 2009 06:18 pm GMT   topTop
You've done a great job in putting this website together, and I'm sure it'll be a great resource for finding more obscure ultras outside of our immediate geographic locations. For a list of some of the less well-known ultras on the East Coast, specifically the Mid-Atlantic, check out the Virginia Happy Trails Running Club website, www.vhtrc.com. There you'll also find a lot of fat asses listed. I find that local running club websites are some of the best resources to find races you might not have heard of.
Thanks for the heads-up on VHTRC, they did have a few races I had missed. So far, I've listed 591 races! Thanks everyone!
Kennedie
Kennedie
Maastricht, Netherlands
Posted: Mon 05 Jan 2009 08:17 pm GMT   topTop
Nice calender. I also made a calender which is more worldwide oriented, but I am going to add your calender as a link on top of my list, so that the european also see the north american list. Again, nice calender I must say.

check out my website: www.mountainrunning.nl (Dutch and English version)
Last_Place_Jason
Michigan, United States
Posted: Wed 07 Jan 2009 09:44 pm GMT   topTop
Nice calender. I also made a calender which is more worldwide oriented, but I am going to add your calender as a link on top of my list, so that the european also see the north american list. Again, nice calender I must say.

check out my website: www.mountainrunning.nl (Dutch and English version)
Kennedie,

Nice site! I added a link to my links page. I really like the design, much more asthethetically pleasing than mine! :-)
Kate
Kate
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Wed 05 Nov 2014 05:11 am GMT   topTop
Holy cow! LPJ, are you the dude that Meatball's wife annoyingly berates in the homemade Ohio 100 miler documentary on Utube? Oh, but I coulda kicked Red's teeth in! :) K