home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » General Discussion » Right side tilt after hard run

Right side tilt after hard run

Tina
New Mexico, France
Posted: Fri 08 May 2020 05:45 am GMT   topTop
I know this is a thing but I am having trouble finding out what is causing it and how to make it stop. I've been running for nearly 3 years but am still very much a beginner. I've started training harder but am frequently overcome by this annoying condition that I will involuntarily tilt to the right towards the end of a run. The first time I didn't even notice it. My partner asked why I was tilted over. I don't think it is hydration. My partner thinks it is because I follow a keto diet. I don't really see why it would just come up now. Apparently there are a number of people who come to the finish line of a race tilted over to the right. I'm wondering if anyone has been able to discover what is causing it?
Thanks
Tina
IDVert
Idaho, United States
Posted: Tue 09 Jun 2020 01:27 pm GMT   topTop
Based on your description, it sounds like a muscle imbalance in your core. I'm assuming there's no pain or discomfort as you didn't mention it, as your liver is on your right said and can cause a stitch when your body begins to become too acidic from excess CO2.
Tina
New Mexico, France
Posted: Wed 10 Jun 2020 04:53 am GMT   topTop
Hello and thank you for your answer. It occurred to me at some point that during the confinement I was unable to get my magnesium supplement. I started taking electrolytes that I usually use for long distance runs and the problem immediately went away. I am back on my magnesium but decided to keep taking the electrolytes before runs. I am pretty certain a depletion was the cause.