home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » Gear and Products » Best ultra distance running shorts?

Best ultra distance running shorts?

LandSurfingPro
California, United States
Posted: Tue 17 Sep 2019 02:54 am GMT   topTop
I developed large thighs and flutes from decades of bicycle road racing. My thighs rub when running. Chaffing is an issue even with coconut oil applied.

Tell me what your ideal ultra distance shorts are

And why do you think your selection is ideal?
backcountryrunner
Utah, United States
Posted: Tue 17 Sep 2019 03:58 am GMT   topTop
My thighs tend to rub together as well. And when you run trails, they're not getting any smaller due to building more muscle :) For awhile I just used BodyGlide, but it wears off after many hours of running.

So I tried various compression/athletic "under" wear. The trick for me was getting them long enough that they don't ride up the thigh as your legs move.

Personally, I like Champion "Tech Performance Long Boxer Brief":
https://amzn.to/30e2vGl

They're very inexpensive but do a great job, just as good as expensive brands, in my opinion.

On ultras I use BOTH BodyGlide AND those briefs and have zero chafing since. And I've run multiple 50's and a 100 with that combination.

[edited: Tue 17 Sep 2019 03:59 am]
LandSurfingPro
California, United States
Posted: Tue 17 Sep 2019 10:36 am GMT   topTop
Thank you! Will investigate those...
DGrav
Kansas, United States
Posted: Mon 04 Jan 2021 07:46 am GMT   topTop
It's so hard to find a good shoe, especially when all the stores are closed. I am a little afraid about shopping online, thank you for the links. I am also sure that inexpensive brands are good.
Ricky_McLain
Vermont, United States
Posted: Mon 09 Jan 2023 03:02 pm GMT   topTop
For me, it's a combo of Path projects liners, Path project Sykes shorts and Squirrel's nut butter. Have had great success with this combo.