home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » Gear and Products » Looking for trail shoes with stability for a wide foot

Looking for trail shoes with stability for a wide foot

MrMo1971
Colorado, United States
Posted: Mon 01 Jun 2015 03:41 am GMT   topTop
I have wide feet, particularly in the middle of my feet but with flat arches as well. I have been looking for a while for a trail shoe that is both wide enough as well as provides some degree of stability for a pronator.

I've used Pearl Izumi M2s as well as road shoes from asics (fortitude and the like in 4E). I don't require as much room in the toe box, but do need support around the middle of the foot.

I have had foot pain for a while and desperately want to find some shoes that keep me stable but also are comfortable and soft enough so I don't have as much post run foot pain. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!
Admin
Utah, United States
Posted: Mon 01 Jun 2015 03:49 am GMT   topTop
Have you thought about using inserts? Maybe a special stability insert inside a wide shoe like the Altra brand. Also glute and core training can help with foot pain (instability cascades down the leg).
MrMo1971
Colorado, United States
Posted: Mon 01 Jun 2015 04:08 am GMT   topTop
Thank you for the info! Can you recommend a brand of inserts?
Admin
Utah, United States
Posted: Tue 02 Jun 2015 12:36 pm GMT   topTop
I would suggest going into a good running store and asking for advice. They should have a nice variety and can recommend something. The type is probably more important than the brand.