home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » Gear and Products » Sock recommendation?

Sock recommendation?

karmann
Tennessee, United States
Posted: Fri 05 Mar 2010 01:12 am GMT   topTop
I plan to run the Iron Mtn trail run in Sept. I have run 6 road marathons and a 17.5 mile trail run 3 different times. I have never purchased socks specifically designed for running and never had a problem with blisters. However I am more concerned for the IMTR as it is 50 mies and I expect to get my feet wet. Please share your experiences with me and any recommendations for socks that you might have. Thanks. Dave.
ajj
Arkansas, United States
Posted: Fri 05 Mar 2010 01:05 pm GMT   topTop
DryMax, "trail" version, available online through ZombieRunner and, no doubt, elsewhere, is the best I've ever used.
Honkey
Honkey
Maine, United States
Posted: Fri 02 Apr 2010 05:14 am GMT   topTop
I had suffered from blisters in the past. I had good luck with under armor running socks, I still had to lubricate my feet, but if my feet got wet they would blister.

I switched to Wright Running socks. They are double layered so the friction is absorbed completely by the sock. I have never gotten one blister with them. I don't lube my feet any more and last year I ran a marathon in POURING rain and had no troubles.
kevingoorijan
California, United States
Posted: Sat 24 Apr 2010 03:55 am GMT   topTop
I plan to run the Iron Mtn trail run in Sept. I have run 6 road marathons and a 17.5 mile trail run 3 different times. I have never purchased socks specifically designed for running and never had a problem with blisters. However I am more concerned for the IMTR as it is 50 mies and I expect to get my feet wet. Please share your experiences with me and any recommendations for socks that you might have. Thanks. Dave.
I recommend that you use [URL="http://www.zbsports.com"]Smartwool[/URL] socks my friend. It won't give you enough blisters coz its thick enough to protect your feet for running.

[edited: Wed 28 Apr 2010 10:13 am]
Adam450
Georgia, United States
Posted: Tue 22 Feb 2011 07:51 pm GMT   topTop
can you wear your shoes without socks and just wash the shoes after so they dont stink? or just get some dry/wet type of sock that doesnt become too gross
OffRoadRunner
California, United States
Posted: Mon 11 Apr 2011 01:35 am GMT   topTop
Drymax Trail socks. I ran a 15K today with a stream crossing, 4-8" deep and 10-12' accross, and there was no choice but to run through it - immersing both feet completely in the water. Coming out, I was concerned about how water logged my feet would feel and how long they would take to dry out. Was pleasantly surprised when my feet didn't really feel as if they'd gotten wet at all - didn't even notice it. After i finished, when changing my shoes, I was again surprised that the outside surface of both socks felt damp - but my feet felt dry! I'm amazed, and sold. Drymax are great socks for wet.

[edited: Mon 11 Apr 2011 01:36 am]