home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » Gear and Products » Sunglasses?

Sunglasses?

oldtrlrnr
California, United States
Posted: Fri 11 Sep 2009 12:03 am GMT   topTop
I'm looking for some new sunglasses for running. My main criteria are polarized to minimize eye fatigue, good fit, and enough coverage to block reflected light bouncing up - and I don't want to spend so much that I'd be distraught if I lost them.

Appreciate any suggestions.
jimsty
jimsty
Christchurch, New Zealand
Posted: Fri 11 Sep 2009 06:44 pm GMT   topTop
I use the Rudy project ones, not sure what model but I paid about $200. The lenses are ones that are polarised and have all the UV requirements, but you can also wear them in the dark and still be able to see! (Not so important for running, but I often cycle a bit at night time).

http://www.stylerhealth.com/Images/FestivalOfCycling.jpg

Can be a little personal as everyone has different tastes in how they look the look / style of the glasses, but don't forget the fit is equally important. With running you want something that is going to stay in place - and also not fog up whenever you stop to do something haha! Cheers J.

JAMES STYLER (p.f.t), (b.b)
Columnist for V02 MAX magazine
Interview with 2 x Ironman World Champion Chrissie Wellington here:
http://www.chrissiewellington.org/media/ironwoman-extraordinaire/

TEL: 027 5534266
WEB: www.stylerhealth.com

[edited: Fri 11 Sep 2009 06:47 pm]
Adam450
Georgia, United States
Posted: Tue 22 Feb 2011 07:52 pm GMT   topTop
I like coasta del mar, but it all depends on you
oldtrlrnr
California, United States
Posted: Thu 24 Feb 2011 12:00 am GMT   topTop
Just to update my search for sunglasses, I got a pair of the Native Nano 2. I've been using them for running and all outdoor activity for over a year now, and I love them. They have interchangeable lenses; I ordered my pair with the brown 12% lenses, which enhance colors & contrast; the 2nd pair are a light tint suitable for dim light or driving - I haven't used them. Lenses have good in-lens (not coating) polarization. They fit me fine, and cover well, not letting any surface bounce light in. I ordered them from ADS Eyewear, influenced by their very informative website and good warranty - they cost about $120. I think they are an excellent value for quality athletic sunglasses.

I have a running buddy who has the Rudy Project glasses - he likes them, but I didn't like the $200 price tag.