home |
Trail & Ultra Running Forums Index » Gear and Products » Wide Trail Running Shoes

Wide Trail Running Shoes

Paul
Washington, United States
Posted: Wed 27 Aug 2014 03:26 am GMT   topTop
Who makes trail running shoes in a wide? I've got old beat up feet and need something wider than a D. I did have a pair of the Brooks cascadia 7's and they fit ok for width but the next versions got narrower. It would be nice if i coulc find a pair of wide shoes that were water resistant. Any suggestions?
footofgod
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tue 02 Sep 2014 01:12 am GMT   topTop
Merrell's Mix Master 2 has tons of room in the toe box. Great trail shoe. That being said, do not confuse them with the Mix Master Move which does not have the same wide toe box.
backcountryrunner
Utah, United States
Posted: Mon 15 Sep 2014 07:07 pm GMT   topTop
Try the Altra brand: the Altra Lone Peak model is popular. Or the Altra Olympus (very cushioned). They are the ULTIMATE in roomy toe boxes; that's what they've built their brand around. That and zero drop. They won't be water resistant but they'll be super comfortable. I like the Olympus as a backup to Hokas; the only problem is the Olympus doesn't have great tread; it's okay but not great on slippery terrain.
Sheral
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Fri 13 Apr 2018 07:20 pm GMT   topTop
I second the Altra trail runners. My fave is the Superior and then the Lone Peak. I was running on Pearl Izumi N1’s so I am used to not too much cushioning. However I find the Superiors to have good cushioning and the Lone Peaks to have even more. Once you run in an Altra (imho) everything else feels too restrictive! You even feel your toes splaying out and grabbing for the dirt. Cool sensation.

[edited: Fri 13 Apr 2018 07:25 pm]